This grade II listed three-storey building is a ‘17th-century timber-framed lobby-entry plan house, refronted in brick in the late 18th century’, with a modern extension to the ground floor. To the right of the wooden entrance porch is an archway into the former stables. In 1828, Thomas Reese was the landlord at the Black Boy. Richard George’s many years as licensee ended with his death in 1875. In 1891, the landlady was a 67-year-old widow, Mrs Georgina Owen. At that time, there were still iron railings at the front of the inn.
Find out More >