This pub is in one of six malls in Scotland’s ‘largest undercover shopping centre’. Originally, the centre was two parades of shops, open to the elements. The shops were the focal point of the ‘new town’ of East Kilbride, officially opened by Harold Macmillan on 1 May 1959. The new town was built on 6,000 acres of open countryside, replacing hedgerows, hayfields and harvest stooks (sheaves set upright in fields to dry).
Find out More >