This pub was built as the King’s cinema, in 1932. A casualty of cinema’s general decline in the 1960s, King’s cinema closed down in 1967. Within a few weeks, it reopened to a full house as the Star Bingo and Social Club. The bingo hall survived into the 1990s and, more recently, was used as the Picture House Night Club. It is now this Wetherspoon pub.
Find out More >