Originally opening in January 1914, the cinema was completely redesigned by G Allen Fortesque and reopened in November 1930. It was known as the Deansgate Picture House. By 1960, the auditorium was supremely comfortable, seating 450 (stalls) and 250 (balcony), decorated with twinkling star-shaped lights. After lying boarded up for a while, the building was converted and named The Moon Under Water, retaining much of the former original cinema.
Find out More >