This landmark corner building had been the Regency Bar since 1977. Before then, it was the Commercial Hotel for almost 100 years. Built in 1881, it was the second Commercial Hotel on this site. The first was an early 19th-century coaching inn. In 1848, two coaches called at the hotel daily, except Sundays – the Invincible (for Burnley and Preston) and the Shuttle (for Blackpool).
Find out More >