This well-known local landmark is situated at busy crossroads today. The original Bull’s Head on this site was built in c1694. During the 19th century, the licence was held by the Gregory family for more than 60 years, until the expiry of the lease in 1893. The Bull’s Head was acquired by Threlfalls, but was too small for the fast-growing town. The old inn was demolished and replaced by the present, much larger, building.
Find out More >