This pub was previously a department store owned by the Barrow Co-operative Society. The original ‘Co-op’ premises on this site were built in 1889, on land bought from the Furness Railway (for £2,500). Situated at the corner of Dalton Road and High Street, this pub has been occupied by the Co-op since 1889. The shop was extended in 1902, and in more recent years was converted into an open-plan department store.
Find out More >